current song: Exquisite Corpse - Hedwig and the Angry Inch
I should be showering right now. Becca was supposed to come over ten minutes ago, and i told her not to because i'm not decent. But I needed to take care of things first.
The way I handle things is kind of backwards, but if I look at the big picture, this is a step forward.
David and I are going to be working a lot on our relationship. David knows that he is inconsiderate towards my friends and things I care about and sometimes even to me. He knows he hasn't been that awesome of a boyfriend at multiple moments in the past month or two. But instead of ending things between us (and just when I was starting to be pretty much comfortable with the idea of being single), David asked me for a second chance. We talked a lot about it, and I concluded that if I didn't give him that chance to prove himself that he can improve on his flaws when it comes to our relationship, I would be a person I don't want to be.
PERSONALITY TRAIT NUMBER ONE: I easily forgive and see the good in people.
This has it's up-sides and it's down sides. So what I need to make sure I don't mess up with this again is to remember all of the things David needs to improve on for me to stay with him.
1) David insults my friends and does not try to associate with them in a polite manner. When he is with them he does not shy away from conflicts with them, disregarding how these situations make me feel.
2) David has in the past planned times to be with me and instead spend the evening with his friends.
3) David's friends have in the past pressured me to engage in alcohol and drugs, and David rarely tries to stop them.
4) David is not willing to commit to me emotionally and fully beyond agreeing not to sleep with other people.
5) David has, in an effort to get his point across, used abrasive tones and word choice to verbally attack me. While he doesn't mean to do this, he doesn't apologize afterwards if he has hurt my feelings.
Looks like David has quite the list to improve on. But I'm willing to give him one more chance, if he can prove to me he's worth it.
I NEED TO IMPROVE ON: Standing up for myself.